What is Kundalini Yoga?
Kundalini Yoga is the "Yoga of Awareness" - because practicing it brings you to an experience of your Total Self - or the part of you that is fully conscious and self-empowered. It is an ancient practice that works on gently releasing kundalini energy along the spine to activate the chakra system, (the energy centers in the body), increase life force energy, "Chi" or "Prana", and soothe the nervous system. It is a science and a technology that was developed thousands of years ago by wise sages, to bring us into perfect balance with our creative potential in this life. It is an ancient practice designed to deal with the stresses of modern living.
What to Expect During a Class
Lots of beautiful music and chanting, energetic breath work, laughter, sweating, and maybe a few tears. Each class is a very unique journey that is personal to you. There will be physical movements, suitable for ANY BODY at any level, powerful breath work, some chanting of ancient mantras, lots of beautiful music, meditation, and always a deep relaxation at the end (sometimes with a gong sound bath).
SiriOM offers a weekly Kundalini series, to learn more please visit our calendar of events.
- Activates the glandular system to boost immunity
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Expands the lung capacity to increase energy
- Purifies the bloodstream and aids detoxification
- Induces deep physical and mental relaxation
- Increases serotonin levels
- Creates strong sense of peace and well-being
- Supports children to manage symptoms of ADD
- Certain meditations have been studied and shown to off-set the effects of dementia (especially the Kirtan Kriya meditation)
- Meditation rewires the brain to dissolve negative habits and create new positive habits
Inner Alchemy’s Kundalini Yoga Teacher is SiriOM. She teaches kundalini yoga every Wednesday from 6:45-8:30pm. For more information please email email@example.com or call 1-206-932-3461.