What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a complete medical protocol focused on correcting imbalances of energy in the body. From its inception in China more than 2,500 years ago, acupuncture has been used traditionally to prevent, diagnose and treat disease, as well as to improve general health. Acupuncture’s effectiveness is how it modifies the flow of energy, known as qi or chi, throughout the body.
What to Expect During a Session
Your acupuncturist will begin by taking a health history and assess your needs. After the initial consultation, the needles are placed in very specific locations. You may feel a momentary stinging sensation upon insertion, but most report they don’t feel the majority of insertions. The needles are left in place for up to 60 minutes and then removed.
- Beneficial for pain syndromes for a broad spectrum of acute & chronic injuries & diseases
- Provides pain management for sciatica, car accidents, headaches & arthritis
- Aids in respiratory challenges: repetitive colds, allergic asthma, sinusitis
- Helps with seasonal allergies & reactions to pollen, animal dander, dust, molds
- Helps with anxiety & sleep disturbances, mood shifts related to hormone imbalances
- Provides support for food intolerances when paired with specific diet
- Hormonal imbalances including adrenal fatigue, thyroid sluggishness, PMS & menopause challenges
- Lifestyle support for needed shifts in creating more quality of life
- Promoting and restoring balance of energy in the body
- Aids in emotional disorders
- Rehabilitation for stroke
- Reduces fatigue
Inner Alchemy’s Acupuncturist is Kris Shaw. To book an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-206-932-3461.